Thursday, January 5, 2012

In order to motivate myself further these days, I am committing (right here, in public), to RUN a 5k this fall. Yep, you heard it here. Gonna make this happen! Now, I know that to many people, running a 5k is nothing spectacular. For me, it's huge! I'm hoping to be at least 50lbs lighter by then, and given that I'm turning 40 this year, this is something that I want to do before then. My friend Barb will be joining me, and I'm hoping to get a few others as well. I think it would be fun for a group of us girls (and guys) to encourage each other along the way. SO excited about this, friends!!

As a result of what I will forever refer to as the "Spirulina incident", I searched out a tastier alternative today. SUCCESS!!
My friend Robyn suggested Greens wild berry burst. It is chock full of great stuff, and after putting it in my smoothie this evening, I must say I loved it. It will be a daily staple from here on! I can't wait to make it for Paco and the kids tomorrow. Seriously, just check out the nutritional info. It also has raving reviews on Amazon.

So, here's today's shakedown:

BREAKFAST:
  • chobani greek yogurt, satsuma orange, V8 juice, fiber one bar, coffee with creamer
LUNCH:
  • Progresso vegetable soup, laughing cow cheese wedge, satsuma orange
SNACK:
  • yoplait delights choc raspberry cup, fiber one bar, pretzels
DINNER:
  • power smoothie (orange juice, spinach leaves, baby carrots, weight watcher vanilla yogurt, frozen strawberries, greens wild berry burst powder, ground flaxseed)
Looking over the last few days, I notice that I tend to eat alot of the same foods over. For the most part this is easier since I eat both breakfast and lunch at work, and I like to bring a bunch of food on Monday and eat on it throughout the workweek. Next week I'll mix it up a bit to keep from getting bored.

Didn't get to work out yesterday or today and am really missing it. Back at it tomorrow!

Other completely random thoughts:
  • I really should get my Christmas tree down. Geez.
  • That amish bread baking in my oven smells so stinkin' good right now. Good thing I just had dinner.
  • I wish I hadn't let my son put the bulk of his homework off until tonight. You know, since it's due TOMORROW.
  • So glad tomorrow is Friday!
  • loving 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment