Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Today was a good day. Until I put Spirulina in my smoothie. HA! I really want to like it because I know it's amazing for me, but...wow. It has quite a unique taste. I was able to get it down but didn't bother offering any to the kids for fear that they would never drink a glass of Mom's weird colored smoothies ever again.

I'm smart like that.

I'm going to keep trying with the Spirulina and see if I can "acquire a taste". Tomorrow I'm trying a wheatgrass smoothie.

On to more exciting things..like today's menu. HA. Seriously, if anyone is even reading this, feel free to skip this. It's my way of keeping tabs on myself. :)

BREAKFAST:
  • V8, string cheese, hard boiled egg, orange, coffee with peppermint mocha creamer. (oh how I LOVE this creamer)
LUNCH:
  • veggie sandwich, orange, chocolate raspberry yogurt cup, string cheese
SNACK:
DINNER:
  • "Spaghetti", made with tofu shiratake noodles and marinara sauce with garlic, onion and mushroom. Good thing I had that smoothie earlier because this wasn't all that fab.
  • 2 small pieces garlic bread
I've been thinking alot about how much of my life I have spent being overweight. Basically, most of it. That stinks. I remember my mom took me to a Weight Watcher meeting when I was in my early teens, and now I'm 39. How did I let this go on so long? And, how did I manage to lose 70 pounds and then start gaining again? Maddening. Frustrating. Inspiring. I've got to do this now or I fear I never will!!

Coming tomorrow: my "bucket list" of things I plan on doing when I'm lighter and more fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment