Sunday, September 6, 2009

THE CUPBOARDS ARE BARE

I am so far behind this week! Not only is my car a disaster area, but we have zippo for groceries either. Just check out my fridge...Fortunately, I am totally covered on condiments. Lotsa mustard, ketchup and dip. Plenty o'pickles. A plethora of parmesan. Is there anything to call a meal? Nope. No yogurt, cheese, butter, peanut butter, pancake syrup. Forget about eggs. No bananas. Not a drop of coffee. There is a tad of tahini and a tiny bit of tarter. A smattering of saurkraut. You don't want to know what we're using in lieu of TP in the bathroom. This morning I used shampoo to wash my face since we're out of bar soap.

I keep reminding myself that school starts in 2 days and there will be lunches to pack. I'd like to have chili or soups in the slow cooker on Tuesdays and Thursdays when we have soccer practice. What kind of mother am I? My son had bacon for breakfast. That's it. Just bacon. Gracie had cereal, which is normal.

I need to get my act together. My house is falling apart. We haven't mowed in 2 weeks. I finally did the checkbook this morning for the first time in a week and a half. (I usually do it every other day). Our swimming pool is drained but waiting for me to scrub the algae. Why don't I get my crap together? I have to get the kids clothes and backpacks and everything else they need for school sorted out. Gracie needs a haircut. Gracie still needs shoes. I need 2 binders to keep their school stuff organized. Someone needs to write checks for the occassional hot lunches (when Mom and Dad are not up to packing a lunch).

If you talk to me today tell me to get a move on. I need to get back in control! For now, I'll settle for a cup of coffee and blogging about needing to get my life in order. That'll work. For now.

1 comment:

  1. Do we live in the same house? I think we have the same amount of food in our fridge. I have a list made up but I was too lazy to go to the store today.

    How do you organize their school work at home? I am looking for a better way to organize.

    ReplyDelete