Saturday, June 6, 2009

BY SPECIAL INVITATION....THE LADYBUG TABLE

Last night, at Gracie's Kindergarten BBQ, there were all kinds of activities to keep the kids busy. The kids played Bingo, did arts and crafts, visited the book fair and played outside. Their favorite thing, however, was having their faces painted!!


It was also very exciting for Gracie to show Cole around her classroom and meet her friends. Cole got to visit with Mrs. Grant, his Kindergarten teacher from last year. We also visited with Mrs. Marsh, the Kindergarten counselor. She is someone we particularly enjoyed visiting with, as she and Cole spent quite a bit of time together last year!! Apparently, when he was having a tough time paying attention, etc, in class, he would go to Mrs. Marsh's office. She is a wonderful, wonderful person and is so good at what she does. You can really tell she loves the kids. We've bumped into her a few times at the store and she always remembers us by name and talks about how much she enjoyed Cole when he was in Kindergarten. Last night I commented on how she remembers his name when we see him and she said "Well, I especially remember Cole because he is such a special guy!" Then, she said "and I think Mom knows what I mean by that!". Ummmm....why yes, I do. He definately is easy to remember!!

Did you all know that I have very special lunch plans for Monday? I will be dining with my Kindergartner at....The Ladybug Table, thank you very much. I will be bringing Wendy's (so I'm told), and it will be simply fabulous. Maybe I'll get to have one of those milk pouches that you just stick the straw into, or an orange shape-up. I've always wondered what the heck those are. She's been begging me all year and I am finally getting to it. I wanted to spend so much more time at the Kindergarten center this year volunteering, but I had to take quite a bit of time off work when Gracie was in the hospital (and out). I really will miss it, everyone there is fantastic, and they were so good to use when Gracie was sick. I can't say enough good things about the Central Valley Kindergarten Center. I almost want to have another baby just so we can go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment