Tuesday, March 31, 2009

THE INFORMER

That's what we call Gracie. "The Informer". That's because we know that no matter where she is or what she's doing, we are going to get the full report of everyone's wrongdoings at any time. Here is just a smattering of what I've heard just since I got home at 3pm:

"Mom, Cole's chewing on his shirt sleeve. Isn't he going to ruin his shirt?"
"Mom, "so and so" (I won't mention names) doesn't use respectful words at school"
"Mom, Cole's got the wii remote cord in his mouth"
"Mom, is heck a bad word? (After careful consideration, I said "not really"). She looked dissapointed and said "Oh, because Cole totally just said it"
"Mom, do you think Cole should be having ANOTHER (said with great gusto) string cheese so close to dinnertime?"
"Mom, Dad gave Cole a mohawk for spring break"
"Mom, "so and so" and "so and so" were talking about "so and so" from the neighborhood yesterday. That's not very respectful, is it?" (after which she shook her head in dissaproval)
"Mom, Cole just said the "D" word". I looked shocked and said "What?" and she whispered in my ear.."yep, he just said DUMB" and a little while ago he also said the "S" word. ( "S" word = STUPID). I warily replied "thank you for letting me know", at which time she did her trademark hair flip and said "just thought you would want to know!"

What's that you say? You haven't SEEN the trademark hair flip? Take a look!

Now, its not as though she's trying to get others (her brother, in particular) in trouble, she just generally likes to "help" others make good choices. Hmmm, ok, maybe she IS trying to get her brother in trouble?! Regardless...these endless reports of wrongdoing is starting to drive me crazy! She is such a nurturer and really does have so much concern for others...but I try to tell her that she just needs to focus on herself and let others do what they will. Sigh....maybe I don't want to completely break this habit....it IS nice to know what Cole is upto...

On to other news...we have had family in town and went to Raptor Reef indoor waterpark in Hayden, ID. After we got past the fact that it cost us $72.00 for our family of four (Are you KIDDING me?), we had a pretty good time, although it wasn't as great as I was hoping. The kids enjoyed the wave pool, kids area and the big waterslides. All in all it was a fun day for all of us.

Uh oh, I just spoke with the "Informer" and she suggested that I "should probably be working on dinner, don't you think?". Thank goodness for her. She's ever so helpful. After all, watching out for everyone does make a person hungry.

2 comments:

  1. That pic is great but the hair flip loses it's potency without the accompanying head toss. Lol. You have to catch that on video before she stops doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she sure is a helpful little thing..ain't she? you know that you will always be part of the loop as long as Gracie is around!

    ReplyDelete