Wednesday, April 1, 2009

GRUMPY, TIRED AND LOVING COFFEE

Here's my day in numbers:

3 - 3am to be exact, the first time Gracie threw up today
2 - times my travel mug leaked onto my shirt on my way to work
30 - minutes late to work due to throwing up and other early morning difficulties
3000 - number of pricing changes we had to do today
2.5 - hours of overtime and my work STILL isn't done
1 - great assistant who I couldn't do my job without
11 - times Gracie threw up before it finally stopped
4 - days until Cole loses his mohawk
5 - girl scout thin mint cookies I indulged in because my day was crappy
45 - minutes it will take on the elliptical machine to burn off damn cookies
1 - white chocolate mocha delivered to me by Amanda because she's that fabulous
(and because she was even more tired than I am, and certainly would have been
made to feel immensely guilty had she showed up with only one)
30 - minutes it will take on the elliptical machine to burn off damn mocha
4 - members of the Sutton family who are all home together tonight!
1 - load of "post throw-up" laundry left to run
2 - subtle hints dropped before husband offered to make dinner tonight
6 - number of times Cole has left the slider door wide open in the last 20 minutes
1 - how many times I had to lock Cole out before he got the hint to close the door
2 - times Gracie has told me she loves me "all the way to Jesus and back" today :)
1 - time Cole has told me that his heart is full of "Mom-love" :)

Guess its not such a bad day after all.

1 comment:

  1. Notice how things progressively got better after the mocha? It's like magic.

    ReplyDelete