Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Tuesday! Let's have a looksie at how I did today:

BREAKFAST:
  • greek yogurt with honey and strawberries
  • hard boiled egg
  • V8 juice
  • coffee
LUNCH:
  • veggie sandwich (sandwich thin bun, laughing cow blue cheese, red/orange peppers, cukes, sprouts, spinach leaves and peppercini)
  • hard boiled egg
  • satsuma orange
  • chocolate raspberry delight cup (the BOMB. I actually feel like I'm cheating. All the thrill, none of the guilt...ha)
DINNER:
  • "chicken" burger (morningstar "chik'n" patty, chipolte laughing cow cheese, red/orange peppers, tomato slices and peppercini). Seriously yummy, folks. I made these for Paco too and he raved about them.
  • another hard boiled egg. Must have been craving protein today!
  • green smoothie (2 cups spinach leaves, 3/4 cup low cal vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, 1 banana, 2 tbsp ground flaxseed). Yes, it's an ugly green color...but I swear it tastes great.
Not too bad! The great part is, I still have 5 1/2 points left for the day and I'm not hungry.

We are smoothie lovers around this house, so I am always on the lookout for new recipes. Check out SmoothieWeb. Tomorrow I'm trying the Spirulina power smoothie. We'll see if I can get the kids to drink it ;)

On a different note. I'm trying to decide whether to leave this blog as it was originally intended...a blog about our family life. It seems as though I will be using it more as a journal to track my progress, and my future goals. Hmmm. I'm leaning towards starting a second blog that would chronicle my weight loss, etc. Something to think over...

No comments:

Post a Comment