Monday, January 2, 2012

The contest

Last week, Paco and I challenged each other to a weight loss contest. Now, those of you who know me are aware that I am incredibly competitive. A year and a half ago, I lost 70 pounds (and won) two weight loss challenges at work. I went completely vegetarian for a year, went to the gym 4 days a week and felt fantastic.  Unfortunately, then I got lazy and gained 40 of it back. So, over the past few weeks I've really been looking at the root of the problem and am so excited to get back at it.

So, here we go again...take 2. (or, take 200...ha) I just do so much better when I'm getting healthier WITH someone else. It's more fun and I feel held more accountable.

So, here's our strategy:
  • Weight Watchers. It works, unless you're a slacker (who, me?)
  • back to my regular gym routine (went the last 5 days straight, it feels great!) We belong to the YMCA so the kids get to come and swim, play basketball, climb the rock wall, and get their own excercise in as well. WIN, WIN!
  • Vegetarian life...for me, anyway. Ive been sticking with it for the most part but have not been as disciplined as I was in the past. I felt SO much better then!  Paco does like alot of the meat substitutes out there, but he's not willing to give up meat entirely.
We are 5 days in, and things are going great. Here's what I had today (I get that this may be boring, so feel free to skip over it)

BREAKFAST:
  • Oatmeal with flaxseed, satsuma orange, V8 juice, coffee
LUNCH:
  • hard boiled egg, string cheese, greek yogurt with strawberries, satsuma orange, chocolate raspberry yogurt cup (kinda had to throw this lunch together as I was planning on a big veggie sandwich but forgot to bring the stuff with me to work :)
SNACK:
  • fiber one bar, string cheese, egg
DINNER:
  • artichoke/veggie panini (got this off the Hungry Girl website.) Oh. Yum.
Fortunately, with the wonders of technology, it is so easy for us to track everything on our phones, and finding the WW points value is as easy as scanning a barcode (barcode scanner rocks!). I so love technology.

First weigh-in is this Thursday...our *final* montly weigh-in's will be the end of each month. Highest weigh loss percentage wins. We figured betting money would be silly, so the loser has to do 5 days of all housework, laundry, etc.

Gee, what WILL I do with all my free time that week? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment