Monday, August 15, 2011

It was an early morning for me today, with lots of kisses and snuggles from Oscar, who was very eager for me to get out of bed (and feed him). So now the two of us are sitting on the couch, with one of us buried down under the blanket. Dachshunds are so funny about this. He loves nothing more than sleeping under a pile of blankets or pillow.

Have I mentioned we're smitten with this guy? He's been a perfect fit in every way for us, and has helped fill the sad void left when we lost Jake a few months ago.

Yesterday was a great day of kayaking on the Little Spokane river. Beautiful weather and a rowdy group of folks. One guy in particular was an obnoxious drunk, but we managed to stay ahead of him most of the trip (mainly because he kept falling out of his kayak. HA).

Ginni and I ready to hit the water!

Beware: hat hair...
 The view from my perspective..
part of our group...there were 13 of us.
Us girls...
 Luau time!!
See what I mean? Lots-o-fun. Hooray!

On a completely unrelated note...I'll be posting tonight or tomorrow about how my weight loss is (or isn't?) going. That used to pretty much be the focus of my blog, but I seem to have veered away from it. The good news is I'm getting back on track and it's time to finish the job!

Really! Pinky swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment