Sunday, August 14, 2011

business of summer

It has been a busy, great summer. Lots of water, sun and relaxation. By nature I'm not much of a "relaxer", but have done a good share of it this summer. Time at the cabin, camping, relaxing on the deck, watching the kids play and conversation with friends. Have I mentioned my friends ROCK? A group of us are heading to a women's retreat at Camp Sweyolakan in 26 short days. Not that I'm counting. Last year there was only 4 of us, this year there will be 9.

I am SO excited about it, because I'll be doing this...

 and THIS....
 Oh, and lets not forget THIS!!
 and I'll end my evenings with my girlfriends sitting HERE...

and then I'll cozy up and go to sleep HERE...

 and the next day I'll look rested and happy like THIS....
 Ahhhhh...I can feel the breeze now...

Today my friend Ginni and I are heading out on a kayak and luau adventure. Sadly, my steady kayaking partner Amanda couldn't make it, which makes us both sad, sad, sad.

Sniff.

We will make up for it tomorrow when we take our kiddos and dogs to the park/beach. Then, on Thursday our friends Barb and Steve will be joining Paco and I on a late evening kayak and wine tour. I'm so excited we got the boys in on the action! I don't know who came up with the idea of wine and kayaking mixed, but I love them. A whole lot.

and that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment