Sunday, November 7, 2010

Virginia bound

Eeek...it's been awhile. It's also been a whirlwind month or so. Work has been busy, I've had my Mom in the hospital....and then throw in our regular hectic life and well, you can imagine. There's been a certain eight NINE year old's birthday sleepover, another birthday party with family, Halloween and so on. However, there's no time for all that stuff now (although I WILL eventually get the blog caught up with pictures!), because tomorrow morning I fly out for Virginia!

Since I've been so busy trying to wrap up every possible loose end for the past week, such as:
  • making sure bills are paid
  • picking up prescriptions
  • organizing the kids' school stuff for the coming week
  • leaving multiple obsessive notes for my husband about pretty much everything
  • returning almost-overdue library books
  • schooling myself on the new rules of airline travel (it's been TEN years!)
  • trying to squeeze in a haircut (NOT gonna happen)
  • tracking down ipods, chargers, etc. (am I the only one that has a million of these piled sky high?)
  • attempting to print out boarding passes and itineraries, only to discover the printer is out of ink
  • worrying about how my Mom will do for the week
  • getting audited at work (GREAT timing)
  • putting on a taco feed for my co-workers
  • not letting myself slack off at the gym
Oh, I could keep going...but I always feel like I'm whining so I won't.

My point is, I've been so busy going, going, going that I haven't had the time to think about the fact that I will be away from my family for 5 days. This is big. The kids spent a week with my Dad at the cabin last summer, but that was different since Paco and I were home together. This time....I'll be on my own without my "people" as I like to call them. Of course, I will be with some of my other favorite people....Kelly and my brand-spanking new brother in law, Brian! Yep, my sis is an old married gal now. Also, my "Mom" Sandy is meeting me there too, so it will be quite a fun week!

A few things on our agenda:
  • helping Kelly out in her new yoga studio, Bend
  • going with Kelly to a Bikram yoga class (think: yoga in a room heated to 105 degrees)
  • hopefully a day trip to Washington, D.C!! WOOT!
  • plenty of time to banter with Brian, my FAVORITE brother, and drink wine with my "mom" and sis.
I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who surprised me with this trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment