Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Today

  • sleeping in until 8:30
  • sipping coffee in my rocker on the deck
  • explaining to my son why we should not suck up popsicle sticks with the vaccuum
  • errands with my family
  • wandering around Cabelas, and being surprised with a cool new hat by my hubby
  • swimming with the kids
  • kicking the kids out of the pool so hubby and I could float (he was on the pink one!)
  • while floating, visiting about everything and nothing
  • Shooing away neighbor kids
  • Stealing hubbys' new deck chair when he's not looking
  • Offering to do all the housework if hubby would do the grocery shopping
  • Surprised with a skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks
  • picking fresh basil and cilantro from the garden
  • contemplating what kind of critter is eating our strawberries
  • admiring my enormous tomato plants that have no tomatoes
  • making yummy cold spaghetti salad for dinner
  • laughing at hubby who took children's benadryl and is now fast asleep
  • watching the kids take a late night "dip-dip", with the pool light on...this thrills them
  • Enjoying a peaceful summer evening and sipping my latte
  • Feeling relaxed and completely content
  • It was, in fact, a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment