Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer salad

This is our FAVORITE summer dish...cold spaghetti salad! So much so that I have made it three times this week! Here is the "recipe"....I don't use specific amounts...I just like to wing it!

INGREDIENTS:

*spaghetti noodles
*diced cucumbers
*diced vine tomatoes
*diced red onion
*sliced olives
*chopped basil (fresh from the garden is the ONLY way to go with herbs!)
*chopped chives (fresh)
*chopped cilantro (fresh)
*light Italian dressing
*red wine vinegar
*Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning (I used tomato basil garlic)
*parmesan (I used the canned stuff but of course it would be better with fresh!)

Cook the noodles until al dente. Combine with remaining ingredients and mix in dressing and red wine vinegar to the consistency you desire. Sprinkle generously with Mrs. Dash seasoning and parmesan.

This is SO delicious....and even better the next day! I love being able to put my own fresh herbs in it. I LOVE SUMMER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment