Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My husband has a problem

Seriously.

It's called...infomercials.

He cannot resist them. He's even got all our credit card information printed on the back of the remote for easy accessability. Ok. kidding.  Over the years we have accumulated all sorts of treasures that could be ours for just 5 easy payments of  "insert dollar amount here". What a treasure! We simply HAD to have them. No wonder our lives were so complicated.

It all started with the bacon-wave. This was his first purchase. I don't even remember if we ever cooked bacon on it. Regardless....things spiraled downward from here.
Not long after was the miracle thaw. I remember my husband waiting anxiously every day for this to be delivered. Oh the thrill!

As soon as it arrived, he excitedly pulled an ice cube out of the freezer, and set it on the prized Miracle Thaw. The ice cube did, indeed, melt. We never used it again.

Later in our marriage came the Ronco food dehydrator.
I WILL say that I was fairly interested in this one. After all, we could dry all sorts of fruits and veggies for snacking! The interest wore off the 4th consecutive night that I was up checking on his banana chips and jerky at 2 am while he was sound asleep.

And while we had already done business with the Ronco company, we were able to get a smokin' deal on the Ronco rotisserie! 
Now, all sarcasm aside, I actually LIKED this machine. We made great kebobs and whole chickens. The downfall? It's a complete hassle and messy to deal with. Not to mention it's HUGE! We do still have it though. Maybe I'll dig it out of the garage and put it to good use for an evening.

Oh yes, there's more, and it's called the Sweepa.

I cannot tell you HOW LONG my husband made me stand and watch a demonstration on this at the fair. Seriously...it was a long time. Look how many clumps of hair he can get with that thing, honey! Isn't that amazing? And, if I buy ONE at $19.99, they'll GIVE me 2 more for FREE!! He was sold. I believe this little gem met it's demise one weekend when I was "helping" to clean out the garage.

Up next, how could I EVER forget...was the Handistitch!!
GREAT idea, piece of CRAP. Enough said about that.

Have I mentioned the tap light, food sealer and aqua globes?

Oh, and the miracle blade III knives!

Ok, absolutely NO complaints about the knives. Especially since we even got an additional  free set, yes, a FREE SET, because we DID call within 5 minutes! Good timing on our part.

Last summer it was the Topsy-Turvy upside down tomato planter...

Ok, so he won me over with this one. I LOVE THEM!! Just check out my tomato plant...

and last, but certainly not least, is our latest prize....the touch 'n' brush. This little beauty is currently suctioned-cupped to my bathroom vanity mirror. It's glorious.

Again, great concept. However, what really happens is you wind up with a huge glob of toothpaste at the bottom of it, which then dries up and hardens. Many a morning I have had to scrape out some of the wet paste and actually use it to brush my teeth. Seriously, I am desperate that early in the morning.

So, you see? My husband has a problem. Do they have self help groups for this sort of thing?

I still love you honey. But, if I get these for my birthday...

 we're through.

No comments:

Post a Comment