Sunday, March 21, 2010

VICTORY AT OLD NAVY

Some of you remember that when I won the Biggest loser contest at work (and $350.00!) my plan was to earmark that money for new clothes from Old Navy. I transferred the money to a seperate account and had been waiting until I simply HAD to buy new clothes because everything was falling off me. Then, a week or so ago, when I hit the 50 lb mark, my very thoughtful mother in law gave me a $50 Old Navy giftcard attached to a congratulations balloon! Yes, she is such a thoughtful and wonderful person!

You may be wondering, why Old Navy? Well, I've always loved their clothes but could never squeeze comfortably into the clothes in their stores. Sure, I've ordered some stuff online in their plus-size section, but it's just not the same, you know?

Yesterday, as I enjoyed a kid-free day (thank you Bubba, it was divine!), off I went to Old Navy. Imagine the thrill when I fit into everything I wanted! I also didn't have to buy the biggest size they had (XXL), everything I got is an XL. My biggest thrill was fitting into a pair of jeans. YES! Jeans from OLD NAVY fit over my big ole' butt! I had to stop dead in my tracks,( in the dressing room nonetheless) and text Amanda with my good news. Oh, and THEN, I went out to my car and cried about it. And texted my husband and my sister.  If you've never been the fat girl you probably wouldn't know what that moment felt like for me.
 Here are a few of the things I DID buy though. The gray T-shirt is the MOST comfy shirt ever! I'm going back today to buy several more sizes! I bought two of the skirts, one gray and one black. The jeans are the actual jeans I fit into!! (obviously a bigger size than the photo..ha!) The yellow t-shirt is so cute! Mine is actually green, and I bought a few different designs.

I didn't buy the jeans (because I don't need them yet), but that's not the point, is it?! I went directly to the gym afterwards to continue towards working my way down to a size L. Go Me!

*on a side note, I am sticking true to my "stay away from the scale" resolution. Next weigh in will be on Friday, and every Friday from there on out. Weigh in's only once a week!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on hitting your 50 pound mark! This is a huge accomplishment. I'm glad you were able to celebrate and go shopping. :)

    Best,
    Hua
    Director of Blogger Networks
    wellsphere.com

    ReplyDelete