Wednesday, March 24, 2010

BLAH BLAH BLAH

This post will more than likely just be a random smattering of goings-on in my world. It's been a busy week, and its only Wednesday. We have commitments every night this week. We have had conferences, scouts, ballet, yoga, daisy scouts and soccer tomorrow. I'm frantically trying to keep up on homework, housework, errands, bills, and whatever else wanders my way. I'm  we're trying to sell the last of our girl scout cookies. I have a wedding this weekend and no clothes to wear and no present to bring. My backyard is full of dog poop. Work on my basement has come to a complete standstill. I'm working on what the heck I'm going to do about childcare next week when the kids are out of school. I've had a most unpleasant health issue going on the last week (nothing to freak over). And so on and so forth. Please world, feel sorry for me.

On the weight loss front, I have been rather well behaved the last few days. I gained a few pounds back when the girl scout cookies made their way into my pantry. Those pounds are gone now. Due to the aforementioned health issue my hardcore workouts have had to be put on the backburner. All I've been doing is weight training and yoga. That frustrates me!! Hopefully by the weekend I will be back to kicking butt on the elliptical, bodypump class and the treadmill.

Paco and I have been trying out some of the Quorn products, and L.O.V.E them! So good! We've also been trying out all kinds of new recipes...like philly cheesesteak lettuce cups (for Paco), and lean bean 'n cheese enchiladas (oh how we all loved them, in fact I made these two nights in a row). We also made some mean burritos with the Quorn chicken, refried beans, salsa, enchilada sauce and greek yogurt. This makes me hungry just talking about it!

A couple friends and I have signed up for a kayak trip and luau on the Little Spokane River in June. We are so excited! Kayaking has always been something I've wanted to do but never felt comfortable enough with my body to try it. Not any more!! I can't wait! For those of you wondering, we found this through Spokane parks and recreation. I've done several things through them and have loved them all! There is no end to the fun stuff they offer. Here's what our kayaks look like:
I am relatively certain that this butt will fit in that kayak. I will be bringing a disposable waterproof camera for when both my friends fall out of their kayaks so I can get a great action photo. HA!

My sister and her boyfriend (who is also known to me as the-cool-rockstar-brother-I-always-wanted-but-never- had) are leaving this Friday for Europe. Oh, AND today was her last day at her job and after a couple months off she is opening her own yoga studio. Luckily enough I am not a petty small person who would be insanely jealous!Nope. I'm better than that.

Who am I kidding?

4 comments:

  1. You'll definitely fit comfortably into the kayak - I used the same model at a spa 5 years ago when I was a size 24, so you'll have NO problem. Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Denise. We all have those trying days. You'll be okay. There's always tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way...I have next Tuesday off. I'm available for kid watching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're not petty & jealous. That may change when you see pics of the European adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete