Sunday, February 14, 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY UNDOINGS

Today is Valentine's Day. I surprised Paco and the kids with little treats, I love you's and hugs and kisses. Then, I surprised myself by devouring a handful of M&M's and a Reese's Peanut butter heart. Geez. I'm irritated with myself. It is so easy to slip into old patterns. To put this into perspective, I am alloted 28 weight watcher points per day. To put this even more into perspective, I'll give you some examples of food point values. A light yogurt is 2 points. Apples and bananas are 2 points. String cheese? 2 points. Veggies? Most are 0 points. All healthy choices that were available to me this morning in my very own kitchen. Instead, I wasted 7 points on valentine candy. SEVEN POINTS!!

I know, I know, the day is not lost. I still have 21 points for the day. (hmmm...actually I have to account for my coffee creamer and egg white omelet, 6 points total) so in reality I have 15 points for the rest of the day, and its 10:00am! This will make the rest of the day...ummm...a bit lean, if you catch my drift. Today is my rest day from the gym, but I am considering  bundling myself up in my rain gear, and running endlessly up and down the street for cardio excercise until someone takes pity on me, scrapes me off the pavement and brings me home squeezing in a workout at home this afternoon.

I never used to realize the amount of stuff I was putting in my body every day. The weight watcher program really helps me keep myself in check. I do love that I can have whatever I want, but, like this morning's lack of judgement, I have to be accountable for it.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and are able to express more self control than I did this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment