Sunday, February 14, 2010

HEALTHY YOU CHALLENGE

I am excited about joining Scale Junkie's Healthy You Challenge! Basically its a community of people who are committing to a healthier lifestyle, and are here to support each other in our journeys.  Everybody checks in once a week and posts links to their own blogs, and from there we can support, encourage and motivate each other. Sounds great, don't ya think?

On another note...I'm trying to decide what to do to celebrate my 50 pound weight loss milestone. I'm getting close and can't decide what to do. Wanna help me decide?
  • massage
  • an evening out with girlfriends
  • a complete new outfit
  • a session with a personal trainer
  • other?
Oh, and while I'm at it....I'm contemplating starting a different blog strictly for my weight loss journey. What do you think? Or, should I just keep this site as it is and incorporate the new me along with our family happenings?

So, if you have an opinion, sign in and leave me a comment below. Yes, this is a sneaky attempt to get SOME DANG COMMENTS! For crying out loud, is anyone reading this? I haven't had a comment in forever and am dealing with some abandonment issues. {grin} Please, somebody throw me some love.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say get an all new outfit to show off your slim new figure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge!

    I vote for either the outfit or the personal trainer. Something that will help you as you pursue your ultimate goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I came across you when browsing through HYC

    For what it's worth don't bother with 2 Blogs. I can be so time consuming. On the other hand if you have readers who are not so supportive or make unhelpful comments about your weight loss then a separate Blog is probably called for.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have two blogs, one is a stay-at-home-mom craft type blog and the other is my weight loss blog (shameless plug)http://wearelosingitblog.blogspot.com/

    I "invited"my original blog readers to join my weight loss blog and only about 2 or 3 out of 200+ followed my weight loss blog. Now there is a huge community of weight loss bloggers who will follow it.

    I guess my findings are that people who read my general blog weren't all that interested in the weight loss one so I am glad I did two. Although as someone else stated, it is a lot of work. I basically only do my weight loss one now.

    Looks like you are doing wonderful. Looking forward to following the rest of your journey.

    Keelie (REAL FAT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say you should get a new outfit. Something that you couldn't wear before. I feel so good when I put on my new pants. Having a new outfit will make you feel amazing and acknowledge how much you have changed.

    As far as having two blogs goes, I know how busy you are and I think it would be better for you to keep it all together. I am just as interested as reading about the kiddos as I am about your weightloss journey. Don't add more to your busy life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, welcome to the healthy you challenge. I vote for the new outfit :-) congratulations on the weightloss so far, what a great job :D

    ReplyDelete