Monday, February 8, 2010

OFF KILTER

UPDATE ON FOLLOWING POST: Since writing the post below (last night), I was able to get to the gym and am feeling back on track! I'll post it anyway....just so you can all revel in my weaknesses of the past few days. HA!
-----------------------------------------------------
For me, getting to the gym at least 4 days a week is a must. It keeps me going. Motivates me. Inspires me. Not to mention what it does for my mood! Today, I find myself out of sorts, and I attribute that to the fact that I was unable to get to the gym at all this weekend. I found myself making poorer food choices, slacking on my water intake, and just over all not feeling like the new me.

Why am I telling you this? Simply put, I don't want you to think this journey has been easy, by any means. Every day is a battle. It's not that I'm stronger than others, or want this weight loss more. I have my off-days just like everyone. I just haven't had many....lately...until this past weekend. I don't know if I was feeling over confident after winning the "biggest loser" title at work, but I really wasn't as well-behaved as usual over the past few days. I had more than my share of tootsie rolls, french fries for the first time in 4 months, and 2 mini packages of cookies this afternoon before dinner. How quickly a person can lose control!  I've used the bulk of my weekly weight watcher flex points in just 3 days. Up until now I haven't even been using them at all. Yesterday, I only got half my water in. I haven't been to the gym since Friday, and boy do I feel it...both physically and mentally. I haven't lost the desire to work out, scheduling just didn't allow for it this weekend.

Don't get me wrong...I'm looking at this as a good thing. I know there will be many more instances like this that I will need to work through to get to my goal. It's just another step. I never thought this would be easy...quite the opposite. It's definately the hardest thing I've ever done. I can assure you though, that I will never go back to the way I used to be.

While I'm on the subject....check out Scale Junkie. This is a great site for support and encouragement! I think I'll be visiting it quite a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment