Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TEXAS CAVIAR


This is one of my favorites.....I make it at least once a week for meals or just snacking. I've come across several recipes...this is a mish-mash of all of them.

TEXAS CAVIAR

2 cans low sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 red onion, chopped
6 vine tomatoes, diced
1 pkg frozen corn, cooked and cooled
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup fresh italian parsley, chopped
a few splashes of low fat italian or balsamic dressing, for moisture and flavor*
pepper to taste

*I used Kraft light balsamic vinaigrette

Mix ingredients in a bowl and enjoy. This is even better the next day! I like it with tortilla chips, or else wrapped in a whole grain tortilla with a little plain yogurt instead of sour cream.

Guess what I'm having for lunch tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment