Thursday, November 26, 2009

TIS THE SEASON

*warning: the following post was written by an irritated author who is apparently feeling very sorry for herself today. You've been warned!

This week, while I am so thankful for so many things, I can't help but feel a little down, missing my own family. Working in the industry that I do, the holidays do not bring extra time off to enjoy the season. Instead, I'm lucky to get 2 days off together. I find myself feeling bitter about it every holiday season.

It is what it is, and after 16 years of it, I've found there isn't much hope of change.

I'm envious of those who get 4 and 5 day weekends to travel and see their loved ones, or even just to relax around home, put up decorations, and re-energize. This year, I don't even want to think about how I'm going to get decorations up, shop, and muster up any holiday cheer. Truthfully I don't even want to. I am one person and I can only do so much. I have one day off this week and it will be spent frantically trying to get the leaves out of my yard and get ready for the snow to hit. If I don't do it myself, it won't get done and I will have a giant mess in the spring. Halloween decorations are still piled in the basement waiting for me to pack them away. The list does go on and on. I want to give up, throw my hands in the air and fly away to Virgina to be with my sister, drink wine and pour my heart out about the unfairness of it all. Instead, I will press on as I always do.

UGH. I don't even know what kind of post this is. I'm obviously out of sorts this morning...wanting to go work out but the gym is closed. Maybe some yoga will ease the tension and lift my spirits.

Feeling hopeful...

No comments:

Post a Comment