Saturday, November 14, 2009

BIG LOSER

We have started up a friendly little competition at work, following the idea of "The biggest loser" T.V show. It involves a 90 day weight loss challenge. Everyone who was interested paid a $25.00 "registration" fee, and was weighed in. Whomever loses the greatest percentage of weight by Feb. 4th wins some serious bucks! I was able to get 20 people to participate, so the 1st place winner will take home $350.00! (2nd place - $100, 3rd place - $50).

It's been a fun first week. I am very competitive by nature, so that has been great motivation for me. It's also fun to have such a large support system. Sure, there is alot of "friendly-fire" between us, but we're all in this together! I was even able to get Paco to participate!

So far, Paco and I are doing great. He dropped a quick 7 pounds the first week, I've lost 5. I had lost 7 pounds before that, so in reality I'm down 12 pounds! We have both been faithful about going to the gym for the past few months, and it finally feels like more of a habit than something we "have to do". I've been going 4 days a week, and am really starting to notice a difference! I either go in the early morning before work, or in the afternoons on Paco's day off so he can be with the kids. Other times, I take the kids with me and they get to swim while I swim laps. My point is, I know I HAVE to get my time in one way or another. Wish us luck, it will be a fun 90 days!

GO TEAM SUTTON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment