Sunday, October 25, 2009

GRATITUDE

As I find myself spending more and more precious time griping and complaining about everything from hectic scheduling, work, housework, laundry, etc. I received a dose of stark reality yesterday when a very close friend of mine confided in me yesterday regarding a serious health issue she's facing. She has a family, children and a busy life just like I do. When you put things into the correct perspective and let all the fog clear, you see clearly what matters most.

So, I will be grateful for a busy schedule. It means we have time and a little extra money to allow our children to do things like ballet, soccer, scouts and some extra fun stuff too.

I will be grateful for my job. It means I am more fortunate than many to help provide an income, double health coverage for my children, and retirement security for Paco and myself.

I will be grateful for housework. It means I have a home to live in. My children have a safe place to grow up in and feel secure.

I will be grateful for laundry. and yardwork. and jam-packed weeks. Grateful for birthday parties to plan. Grateful for my children. Grateful for all the wonderful new friends I have made through all of my children's activities.

On the days and weeks (and hours) when I feel like I can't get a single breath to myself, I will be grateful. I'm lucky, because God has blessed my life richly.

Now, I will tackle some of that housework that I am so grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment