Friday, September 25, 2009

SOMEBODY'S ANGRY

and that somebody is me. I am ticked! This all started yesterday, when I got a message from someone named "Joseph", from FFG and associates wanting to talk to me about a check I wrote, and to call him back for security purposes. Of course, I shrugged it off as a scam. Today, I had the same message. So I googled FFG and associates, since its all very suspicious in my book. All indicators point towards it being a scam. However, a few days ago I did write a rather large check and figured maybe it was the bank calling to confirm that I did indeed write it and it wasn't fraud. SO, I called the number back. Here's how the conversation went:

"Hello, FFG, this is "so and so"
Me: "Hi, Im returning a call that I had on my answering machine today"
So and So: "Are you sure we weren't just calling to talk to your answering machine?"

Apparently, So and So thinks he's a real smartass.

Me: "Well, I'm returning the message LEFT on my answering machine"
So and So: "So someone talked to your answering machine"?

Now, I'm irritated at this jerk. Real professional.

Me: "Can you tell me what this is about?"
So and So: "Are you calling from ***-****?"
Me: "yes"
So and So: "Are you David Sutton?"
Me: "nope"
So and So: "Are you sure?"

OH PUH-LEEZE. Do I SOUND like David Sutton?

Me: "uh, yeah. I'm sure"
So and so: "we'll take you off our call list then, bye."

And he hangs up. Are you kidding me? I was LIVID at this point. First of all, to be bothered with something like this in the first place. Especially since I knew it couldn't be anything pertaining to us, since we PAY OUR BILLS! Even more so, was the sarcasm and smart-alec tone to the whole conversation. Talk about unprofessional! The more research I did online, the more garbage I found out about this so-called company. I'm currently filing a complaint with the BBB over these jerks.

We'll see if they truly do take me off their list.

1 comment:

  1. Did the music player stop working for you too, or is my computer being psychotic?

    ReplyDelete