Monday, June 8, 2009

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOT MUCH

Yesterday we had a great time at farm chicks! There were four of us girls, and then I brought the kids along too. They were very well behaved, I was so proud of them. Money's tight these days, so I didn't buy much, just one thing for the house and then a birthday gift. Here's what I got... Here's some pictures of some of the booths...

Cute, huh? I love the primitive/shabby chic style. (Check out the farm chicks blog by clicking here http://thefarmchicks.typepad.com/). After we left farm chicks, we stopped for coffee and then dropped by a nearby park so we could visit and the kids could burn off a little LOT of pent up energy. Their favorite part of the day was buying spongebob ice cream bars from the ice cream truck.

Then, we came home and did a little housework and yardwork, then cooked up some chicken on the BBQ. After that, I built a fire in our outdoor fireplace and we roasted marshmallows. The kids and I just sat by the fire, talked alot, and just relaxed.

Fast forward to today. I got up early and got some stuff done before the kids got up, then it was off to school. After that I came home and cleaned out the garage a little so I could get my car back in it. It was still a mess from when we built the raised garden a couple weeks ago. Then it was time for chores, bills, and the like. At 12:20, I went to Gracie's school to have lunch with her. She was SO excited and Mrs. Milliken said she was talking about it all day. I offered to stay and help out since I didn't really have any plans until school was out. I put together 22 father's day gifts for the Kindergartners to take home for their Dads, and then worked on their year end memory books. I really enjoyed it and Gracie was on cloud 9 having me there. I totally would have loved being a Kindergarten teacher!

After we got home, Cole and I were butting heads about something and off he stormed into his room, got into bed and went to sleep. HA! He did the same thing about a month ago. I let him stay up way too late last night and I'm sure that has something to do with it. So now, Gracie is watching a little T.V. and I'm folding laundry and poking around on the computer.

Remember the spelling test Cole and I have been so anxiously waiting for (and working on?). He got it back today and, got 2 letters switched around so he didn't get it right. BUMMER!! I could tell he was going too fast because his writing was sloppy and he had written and erased several times. Oh well, I'm still proud of how close he came, and I'm certain that if he had taken his time he wouldn't have made the simple mistake.

I'm starting another blog!! Actually, more of a journal. This one isn't public, sorry. I'm using it as a place to think, vent, be sad, be mad, be glad, etc. All the stuff I don't necessarily want to share with anyone else. I have some friends that do this and say it is very therapeutic, and it allows them to be honest when dealing with their feelings because no one will see it. I think this would be great for me. It will also be interesting to look back on and see what I struggle with now as opposed to 5 years from now. Wish me luck!

Someone asked me yesterday where I find the time to blog. It's simple, really. First of all, I don't watch television at all during the week. If there's something I want to watch, I DVR it and watch it on the weekends after the kids go to bed. This frees up ALOT of time! The last show I watched was the season finale of Grey's anatomy. Oh wait, I did watch an episode of The little couple last night. Cute show! Secondly, I do alot of scheduled posting. So, I write the post at one time, but maybe schedule it to post at a different time or day. I write alot of my posts in the mornings before work, or in the afternoon while the kids play outside with their friends. Not much in the evenings, because we're doing family stuff and we go to bed early 'round these parts. Third, it really doesn't take much time after the initial set up, and its SO fun! (to me, at least).

Well this turned out to be a random post about everything and nothing, didn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment