Saturday, June 13, 2009

SATURDAY EVENING

It's Saturday evening, and I am winding down from a hectic workweek. Actually, my week was busy in every way possible, it seems. We are preparing for the end of school next Wednesday, and Paco and I have been busy coordinating work schedules so as to plan for childcare. While it does get stressful, I remind myself how fortunate we are to control our own schedules, for the most part.

It will be an eventful summer for the Sutton family. We have 2 major camping trips planned (with reservations made clear back in March). One to Riley Creek up North, and a four day trip to Glacier National Park. We also have at least 2 trips to the cabin planned to stay with family. Throw in a week of Vacation Bible School for the kids, one week of day camp at Sweyolakan, and a few other surprises here and there. It will require some creative scheduling, since I only have 2 of my 4 weeks of vacation left, and that has to last me until the end of October. UGH. Somehow it will all work out.

The family is sound asleep, and I sit here in the dining room enjoying the smell of approaching rain and listening to my neighbor's sprinklers, yet again delighting in the fact that he is watering my vegetable garden for me. How kind! Tomorrow morning brings freshly brewed coffee and a lazy morning before the kids and I head off to church while Paco is at work.

Paco and I were able to sneak away for a few hours today and catch a movie (Thanks Lesley!) I begrudgingly agreed to see Star Trek, although its not really my thing. I have to admit, I liked it! (Amanda, you get to be right this time) The best part? Now I get to drag Paco to see Sex in the city with me when it comes out. Okay, okay, just kidding. I know his limits.

Off to bed I go. It will be so nice to sleep in (a little), make french toast for the kids and enjoy my coffee when I'm not on the run to get out the door. I love days off!

1 comment: