Sunday, June 14, 2009

RAIN RAIN, DON'T GO AWAY

Its mornings like this that I love. Waking up to heavy rain, the cool breeze on my face flowing in from the bedroom window. My snuggly little Gracie wrapped up next to me, with her thumb in her mouth and looking so peacefully content. The smell of Sunday coffee brewing, urging me to wake up. My firstborn early riser, still fast asleep, nestled deep under his blankets. Ahhhhh, perfection. I've fixed Gracie her rainy day cocoa, which she gently reminded me of before I had even cleared my head after opening my eyes. We love cocoa on days like this....
I am also enjoying the rich, yummy scent of my new candle, which I bought with the gift certificate that Paco's Mom gave me to Bed, Bath and Beyond for Mother's day, and listening to some awesome praise music...
and enjoying my coffee out of my all time, favorite coffee mug, that was painted, (where else?) at Polka dot pottery a few months ago while spending some time with an old friend.

I think we will go to the late service at church and enjoy a little bit more of this perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment