Sunday, May 3, 2009

CAN'T THINK OF A TITLE

It's been a busy day! I got up early and made the kids steel cut oats for breakfast. I added in ground flaxseed, milk, honey and brown sugar. Unfortunately, I don't think I cooked it quite long enough, as it was a bit...chewy. Gonna have to try again. I got this idea from MckMama's website, http://www.mycharmingkids.net/. I also made her cranberry couscous with toasted almonds for dinner last night. Gracie and I loved it, the boys said it "wasn't bad". If you've never checked out MckMama's blog, you really should...she's an inspiration for bloggers everywhere!

After breakfast, it was off to church. Like every other Sunday, getting out of the house on time was frantic, chaotic and completely stressful a piece of cake!

WHATEVER.

Here's a rough idea of how it went this morning:

Me : "Cole, if you get up from the table ONE MORE TIME, I promise you will be wearing that oatmeal!

Cole: "MOM! I don't like it! Oatmeal isn't even supposed to be chewy!"

Grace: "Why does Cole have more bible bucks than I do?? That's not faiirrrrrr"

Paco: "We aren't even going to get there on time anyway. Might as well bag it"

Mind you, this is an abbreviated version. I could go on. AND ON. However, we made it with time to spare, and enjoyed the service. We have recently started going to a new church, Real Life Ministries in Post Falls. (Reallifeministries.com) We were invited by a friend of Paco's, and over the past few weeks have discovered some other people we know go there as well. We LOVE it. Yes, it is a huge church, and not everyone likes that, but we do. It felt like such a comfortable fit for us from the first visit. It's very casual (you'd be overdressed in slacks), and is very contemporary. The music is phenomenal, and the kids program is outstanding. The kids can't wait to get there. We all love to go. It feels so good to be there. The messages are powerful and are so well presented. I love going to the Friday evening service, because there's not quite as many people (and by that I mean around 2000 people on a Friday night, I told you it was huge) and, I just like evening services. We try to work it out so we can go as a family, but with Paco's erratic schedule he can't always make it. So, if anyone out there is looking for a church home, you should join us one weekend and see what you think. Maybe it won't be what you're looking for, or maybe it will. You never know!

After church, we stopped at the store for a few things and then made our way home long enough for the kids to make birthday cards for their Grandpa B. who turns 86 today. Off we went to a local mexican restaurant to celebrate with family. Oh yeah, we also had to make a stop in to Costco for coffee and clorox sanitizing wipes. I am SO addicted to using those things!

Now we are home. Paco is taking a nap, and the kids are playing outside. Gracie is responding well to the antibiotics and seems to be getting better. Back to school tomorrow! Oh yeah, work too. Isn't that just a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment