Saturday, April 18, 2009

IN WHICH I WAS ANNOYED

Yesterday I was driving to the gym, finishing off what was left of Gracie's donut munching carrot sticks, listening to some good music and feeling great about finally getting to the gym after a crazy work week. I got inside, picked out a treadmill and prepared myself for a butt kicking, sweat dripping, painfully miserable fantastic workout. 10 minutes into my workout, a lady gets on the treadmill next to me, and, I kid you not, smelled as though she showered in perfume. She had on full make-up and way too much jewelry. She starts up her treadmill and pulls out her cellphone and starts making calls. 15 minutes later, she is STILL on her phone, and when I snuck a glance at her mph (miles per hour) sensor, she was going .3 mph. That's a 1/3 of a mile per hour. PLEASE! I move faster than that getting to the bathroom in the morning walking to the mailbox everyday. What's the point? Obviously she wasn't there to work out, but to socialize and look good. I was completely irritated by that point, not only by the obnoxious smell of her cheap perfume, but by the constant yacking on her cell phone.

Yes, I was annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment