Thursday, March 12, 2009

YUMMY, YUMMY SOUP!

Ooohh...this is one of my favorite soups...its actually a Weight Watchers Garden Vegetable Soup recipe that I have changed just a little. If you are on the "point" system with Weight Watchers, you can have as much of this soup as you want because it has ZERO points, in other words people, I'm tellin ya, its freakin' healthy!! Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it...I used organic veggies and broth and it was still really cheap to make. I love it!

Want the recipe? Here you go! (I usually multiply this recipe by 4 so I can make a huge pot of it)

GARDEN VEGETABLE SOUP
2/3 cup sliced carrot
1/2 cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced (I use jar garlic)
3 cups fat free broth (beef, chicken or vegetable)
1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
1/2 cup diced zucchini
1/2 cup green beans
1 tbs tomato paste
1 can tomatoes (undrained)
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt

In large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute the carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened. Add broth, cabbage, undrained tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano and salt and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered about 15 minutes until beans are tender. Stir in zucchini and heat 3-4 minutes. (I do tend to add a little extra salt and pepper to flavor it up a bit, otherwise its a bit bland)

-Per serving: 42 calories, 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 8g carbs, 2.4g dietary fiber, 3g protein, 41 mg calcium.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like good soup...I'll give it a try, thanks.

    Btw...I've been saying for awhile now that you should try the dark brown look...but you are gorgeous no matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete