Thursday, March 5, 2009

THE SHOP-VAC


You, dear friends, may be saying to yourself "Why in the world does she have a picture of a shop-vac on her blog?" Well, my answer to that would actually be in the form of a question, which is "Why in the world has this shop-vac been sitting in the middle of my bedroom for 3 days?" Now, I DO KNOW WHY it has been sitting in my bedroom since Monday...that's because darling husband got a wild hair and shaved his head, and for whatever reason he chose the shop-vac to clean up after himself (gotta give him credit for that). Why he didn't use the good ol' dirt devil is beyond me.

Now, this is NOT a new occurrence in the Sutton household. Often projects present themselves, tools are needed (usually a new one that we don't have already), and then said tool remains in the vicinity for at least 1 week, until I strategically place said tool somewhere where it will either A) be tripped over in the wee hours of the night or B) be stacked on top of husband's car keys or cell phone in hopes that he will get the hint. Occassionally there is also option C) where I just put the stupid thing away myself due to total exasperation.

So, I ask you...is this normal? Is this a boy thing? Do they all do this? Because as much as I enjoy looking at this 5.0 hp, 12 gallon beauty in my bedroom, unless it serves another purpose such as teeth brushing, bathroom cleaning or massage giving, I would like to see it go away. Soon. Wish me luck.

P.S. No husbands were hurt in the creation of this posting. In no way is it meant to offend, poke fun of, disrespect, or otherwise make fun of darling husband. I do LOVE the guy, you know!

1 comment: