Monday, February 23, 2009

SWEET, DELICIOUS FREEDOM!

Yes friends, for the next 5 1/2 hours I am free!! Kids are off to school and my house will stay clean until 3:30 (or, if Cole sits down for a snack, 3:35) Im using up a personal day from work...this is the 3rd "school" day I've had off when the kids are at school and I love it. It gives me a chance to get stuff done (without them coming behind me and undoing it), run my errands alone, and just basically get stuff taken care of. More than anything, I just savor the peace and quiet.

How is it that my kids are so different from each other when they're raised the same? It must be the boy/girl thing. Cole is a tornado...not only is he constantly going a million miles an hour, but he leaves a path of destruction behind him. Gracie is calm and laid back. Doesn't make messes, and is just cool as a cucumber. Go figure! Don't get me wrong, of course I love them both for who they are and everyone tells me "just wait until Grace is a teenager!"...blah blah blah. They really are their own person, and I'm so proud of them both. But enough about them! Let's talk about me!

I'm kicking around the idea of going back to school. For what, I'm not sure. I would love to teach Kindergarten or maybe go into radiology (hmmm, but I wouldn't do radiology ON the Kindergartners). What's my reasoning behind this? Its not really about money, because if it were I would probably be better off staying where I'm at. Its more about personal fulfillment and change. I've spent 17 years doing the same thing, and don't get me wrong, its provided well financially and is very family friendly. It allows me the best of both worlds. I haven't had to miss out on the things that were really, really important to me and my kids. So, that kind of flexibility and family oriented thinking is very valuable. But, am I capable of more? Absolutely. Do I find this fulfilling? Not so much. Who knows...its just something I've been thinking about. I've encouraged Paco to do the same but thats another story entirely.

Well...I suppose its time to get some stuff done. Maybe I can sneak in last Thursday's episode of LOST that I still haven't watched!

By the way, I made a KILLER dinner last night...chicken marsala and fresh roasted garlic mashed potatoes. DELISH! Yes, Im THAT fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment