Thursday, February 19, 2009

MY DAUGHTER, THE GERMOPHOBE

So last night was the big kindergarten field trip to Jump and Bounce. For those of you not familiar with pretty much the most popular place with the 2-8 year old set, its a big warehouse full of inflatable castles, slides and pretty much anything you might feel inclined to jump and bounce on.

Since Gracie's bout with meningitis last month and subsequent hospital stay, I have been a bit of a freak about germs and keeping her (and all of us for that matter) healthy. When we go to dinner, I bring along the tub of clorox wipes, wet ones and sanitizer. My kids think this is normal behavior, that Mom is normal. (Others may have a "different" opinion)..haha.

When we were getting ready to head home from Jump and Bounce, Gracie (without me prompting her) went into the bathroom and washed her hands. Mom was proud. Imagine my amusement when she walked up to the counter, waited in line, and then, with both hands on her hips, said to the lady "Um, excuse me? Do you have any sanitizer? I don't want any germs".

What have I done?

1 comment:

  1. I think with Gracie's meningitis thing..you can never be too careful concering germs!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete