Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's been a good month in general! I'm down 15 lbs, which is great! I think I could have lost more if I had been able to stick to my normal strength training/spinning workout routine. I really got sidelined with my foot issue, and have barely been able to get to the gym. We're going tonight and I plan on swimming a mile and doing some upper body strength. Regardless, I've lost 15 lbs and I'll TAKE THAT!!

As far as my foot, it looks like they are going to do an ankle arthroscopy to remove a cyst in my ankle joint and also clean up some tendon/ligament problems and clear out some fluid. I'm hoping I will only be down a short time, and will at least be able to hop back in the pool ASAP. I'll have PT before and after surgery. It is SO hard to schedule all of this around work and child schedules, but I know that it's important and will help get me to where I want to be. Regarding the 5k, I'm nervous. I have no idea how that will play out, but for now I am staying optimistic!

I'm so proud of my husband, who has lost nearly 20 lbs. I can really notice a difference and am so happy that he has really stuck with it and is getting used to the new routine. It's fun to have the kids know what's going on, because Gracie ratted Dad out the other night when he was eating a couple M&M's, and I snuck a couple of fries from Cole last night at a hockey game and he totally called me out on it. HA!

I'm going to post a few (YIKES) before pictures of me tonight. This won't be pretty, but necessary to see my changes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment