Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Changes

These days, I am just feeling so grateful that nothing horrible has happened to our family, as it seems to be happening to everyone around us. Numerous broken bones, job losses, cancer, deaths. Heartbreaking at any time, but especially around this time of year. I think of my friends and family and hope I am doing enough for them, when I know I'm probably not. I miss the carefree days of childhood when you don't feel other's pain as much. Now, with family and friends, it's all so vivid and I want nothing more than to have the time, energy and money to do everything I can for them. Instead, the best I can do is try and be a better friend, sister, daughter, wife and mother.

The last few years, I will admit that I've been less than enthused with my career. Not because I work for a bad company, I have just felt so...unfulfilled. I've been at the same location for 15 years, and have always been thankful for my job. The past few years I have had an amazing mentor who I loved working for. This week that all changed and everything was turned upside down. Shortly before this, I was approached about a possible transfer to a location closer to home. I declined, because I really enjoyed working for my boss, and really felt a loyalty towards him. After the "shake-up", I was approached again, and accepted the position.

Now, usually I am the type of person who constantly second-guesses my decisions. I've just always been that way. This time, it felt right and I haven't really had any second thoughts that this is the direction God is leading me in. I really feel everything happens for a reason and God's timing is perfect for me. I'm starting to feel excited about my job again, and I'm hopeful that my move will make room for others to have their chances for change.

Hoping everyone is well and enjoying this season. Remember to count your blessings and be thankful for those that are dearest to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment