Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ahhhh, my Christmas shopping is DONE! I'm still waiting for a few things from Amazon....oh how I love online Christmas shopping! I already have most of the gifts wrapped and under the tree, just have to address and mail the Christmas cards tonight and then I can call it good. I kept things within a reasonable budget this year....it feels good to know my kids won't get buried in "stuff", and lose sight of the real reason of Christmas.

Gearing up for a busy day today. We're moving the bulk of my mom's stuff into storage, and then she will move in with us for a few months until she can get to feeling better and start a new chapter in her life. I am so hopeful that staying here for a bit will help turn her health (and life!) around.

 Afterwards, the kids and I are off to a birthday party and some laser tag! Tomorrow, the kids and I are going to Polka Dot Pottery to paint our Christmas ornaments, and to enjoy some family down-time. It's one of my favorite things to do. We have done this with the kids since the years they were born. The first few years, we just had their handprints put on the ornaments, and then when they got older they got to paint their own. My hope is that sometime in the future (weddings, first Christmas in their own place, etc), I will be able to take all of their ornaments and give them to the kids for their own trees. That is, IF I can part with them...sniff. Here are a few from over the years. The top two are from the years they were born...aren't they SO sweet?
Here is Gracie last Christmas with her ornament....she always does such a nice job and spends lots of time getting it "just right"...
Paco's sister took Gracie to Polka Dot Pottery and helped her create this beautiful Christmas plate to give me for my birthday! Isn't it wonderful? I love it!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment