Saturday, May 22, 2010

Struggles of this fat girl

Friends, times are tough.

I'm not talking about the dow jones, my 401k or the economy. I'm talking about weight loss. Or rather my lack of it. This is about weight gain, which I have been doing fabulously. I am up 3 lbs from the biggest loser contest weigh-in from 2 weeks ago. I have lost my momentum and am having a heck of a time getting it back. I haven't been to the gym in over a month. Yes, I've been blaming this on Spring soccer, cub scouts, daisy scouts and ballet. I have been eating terribly, especially this past week. I do great while at work but the evenings are killing me. At one point I was actually up 5 lbs, but managed to get rid of a couple of those.

Weight loss stinks. It is incredibly easy to fall back into old patterns. I must confess, the other night, while watching "The biggest loser", I actually ate ice cream. Geez.

It is constant, neverending work. I do believe this is a journey I am supposed to be on but I can't say I enjoy it. Yes, I am proud of what I have accomplished and continue to focus on that.

Today is {another} new day!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone falls off the wagon at some point. The most important thing is that you dust yourself off and hop back on. Which you will.

    Just stay away from the ice cream. lol

    Or buy the skinny cow ice cream cones. They are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 14th Wedding Anniversary.

    Hope you get the night out organised quick smart. You need some time out from your busy schedule with the children. Don't forget that while this is a very important part of their lives you need time for yourselves.

    Wishing you lots more fun times together.

    ReplyDelete