Friday, May 28, 2010

Gardening stuff

Not much time for blogging lately, as I have been hard at work in my flowerbeds and garden. Gardening has always been a great passion of mine...I love the thought of growing my own organic veggies and tending to my flowers and plants. Here is a bit of what I've been upto...

My lilac seedling, which I snuck from the flowerbed of a bank at 5:30am. Oh, the thrill!

Yummy tomatoes and chives

Raspberry bushes
Clematis...just planted this year.
strawberries
"Gracie's rose"....we planted this the year she was born....Cole has one too!
Our peonies...can't wait till they bloom!
Roses, creeping phlox, hostas, and something else I can't remember the name of!?

A view of our deck that Paco built a few years ago
The rocks you see in this picture were literally rolled into our yard from the street by Paco and I last summer, when they were putting in the sewer. We both spent the next few days nursing sore backs!
Rhododendron...this picture was taken a week ago..it's in full bloom now. We actually built our deck around this bush so we didn't have to lose it!
one of our two topsy-turvy tomato planters. We had tremendous success with these last year!
one of 4 planters on the deck
new blueberry bushes waiting to be planted...you need 2 to cross-pollinate!
front porch flowers
fireweed and lobelia in the front flowerbed
Columbine
can you guess what this might be?
red and orange peppers
Since I took these pictures a week ago, our corn has sprouted up 2 inches, the chives are growing strong, and the carrots, radishes and onions and peas are up. I planted several sunflowers for fun so the kids and I can watch them grow, and then harvest the seeds. I also planted african daisy and poppy seeds, taking great care to spread them evenly in little clusters. Then our basset hound came behind me and dug them up. {Grrrr} We shall see where they sprout up!
 Can't wait to watch my yard bloom and grow. How I love gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment