Thursday, April 1, 2010

COOL BLOG

I came across Amanda's blog today when I was looking for a tutorial to add some cool fonts to my blog. Turns out what I want to do is a total pain in the rear to do and I don't have time for it this morning. Sooooo, as I was browsing her blog I found that I love her decorating style and organization. Oh I LOVE organization, but with my family it's nearly impossible as they only work against me. Frustrating beyond belief!

Check out her whole site...it rocks! I have earmarked a bunch of ideas. Hopefully within 3-4 years we will be out of this house and into something that is more our style. Since we live next door to the kids' school, it makes sense to stay until they move on to Jr. High.  We had the opportunity to buy our current house 12 years ago at a great price, and it was a smart move for us at the time, but it's never really felt like MY home. We bought the house from my parents, and I had lived here for many years, but it's just not "me", ya know? The neighborhood has also deteriorated alot since 1998. We have a few areas in mind for our new house, with 2 areas of importance....a better-kept neighborhood and a completely updated house, with a yard that is as low-maintenance as possible. I would also prefer that we don't have any more pets at that time. Been there, done that. We'll see about that battle though, as I am the only one that's not an animal lover in the family!! I may lose that one! I would even be okay with a smaller house than this one, as long as it  feels not like a house where I'm stuck living, but my "home"!

The only possible change in plans would be if Paco gets offered a promotion with a transfer. We have already agreed we will go wherever he's needed. We always tell the kids that the most important thing is that we are all together, and very lucky to have a home to live in, no matter what!!

Anyway, this was not at all what I planned on blogging about, but now I'm out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment