Monday, March 1, 2010

HYC CHECK-IN, SILLY GIRLS, THE ABSENCE OF 50, AND SKINNY COWS

Tonight Grace and I are hanging out at home...alone...no boys allowed! The boys are at Cub Scouts testing out their Pinewood derby cars. Gracie was lucky enough to score one of Mom's MOST COVETED Skinny Cow truffle bars. She's awfully lucky (can you tell that she's reading this over my shoulder?) because I do not share them with ANYONE. In fact, I usually hide them so that no one even knows they are around. Gracious of me, isn't it?

We have been very silly this evening, with the funniest point being the fact that my darling daughter has a messy chocolate-y skinny cow truffle bar face. This just cracks her up. I gave her a free pass from ballet class tonight just so we could all spend some time together as a family. I knew she needed that because she never asks to skip ballet.

I am still struggling to hit the 50lb mark. Apparently the stomach flu wasn't quite enough to get me there. Sigh. Maybe just one more round will do it. HA! Hey, at least I know that I am good at maintaining. HA AGAIN! Tomorrow I am having my husband hide the evil scales from me so that I quit jinxing myself. One weigh in a week from now on! I promise! Really! Pinky swear!

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying reading your Blog, you sound like a fun person.

    I've nominated you for an award and a true or false game. I'm very sorry I'm unable to send you the award direct but I don't even know how to collect it LOL. If you want to go to Mama Bear June's Blog ... linked on my last post, you can see the award and collect it for yourself. It was a timely piece of light relief. When you have time you can link it back to me and I hope you have fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls nights sounds like it was fun! Now, go pinky swear with your hubby about the weigh-ins. ;)

    ReplyDelete