Sunday, December 27, 2009

STOMACH FLU....TAKE 2 : UPDATED

UPDATE!
This day only gets better and better! At around 2:30 pm, it was apparent to me that Cole had an ear infection on top of the flu. I took him into the doctor, got 2 prescriptions and headed to the pharmacy. With my crying son in tow. He was miserable. Turns out the pharmacy is out of the medication. again. This is not the first time this has happened at this particular pharmacy. So, I drive to another pharmacy, who tell me that it will be a 45 minute wait. I switch off kids with Paco so that Cole can get home and into bed. I run to Fred Meyer for a couple things, at which point my debit card wouldn't work. I get that all figured out and go back to pick up the medicine. I spend 30 minutes there as they tried to decipher our double medical coverage policy, and whether my insurance or Paco's were responsible. This happens every time we try to fill a script for Cole. What the heck? I finally just told them to forget the insurance and that I would pay for the medicine just so I could get it to my kiddo. FINALLY.

Anyhoo, poor sick little guy has been asleep since 4pm, woken up once for ear drops, medicine and a sip of 7-up. This is certainly not how we were planning to spend Christmas break! Mom's hoping for a better day tomorrow!

----------------------------------------------------------

Apparently Cole picked up Gracie's stomach flu bug. All the fun started around 12:30am this morning, and went on all night. Cole is exhausted. I am exhausted. He's still in bed, which for those of you who know him will realize that is unheard of for him. He is an early riser. I feel so bad for my guy, especially since we were all looking forward to church today, lunch, and shopping afterward so they could spend their Christmas money. Instead, we will bundle up inside and get well.

First I need coffee. My head is killing me!

1 comment: