Saturday, November 7, 2009

PUMPKIN DIP

I came across a great, yummy, delicious recipe for pumpkin dip! Serve it with apple slices for a healthy treat!! My kids loooooove it!

Pumpkin Dip
3/4 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese *
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 teaspoons maple syrup *
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
24 apple slices

*I used fat free cream cheese
*I didn't have "true" maple syrup, so I just used some light pancake syrup. Tasted great!
I also added a little extra cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice for extra flavor. To make it even prettier, you could add a scoop of fat-free cool whip on the top!!

Place first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add syrup and cinnamon, and beat until smooth. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Serve with apple. Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 2 tablespoons dip and 2 apple slices)

CALORIES 107 FAT 3.2g FIBER 1.4g

Cooking Light, OCTOBER 2003

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, this recipe makes me a little skeptical. It does sound...interesting though.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete