Friday, October 9, 2009

WATERFALLS, PATCHES, AND BOY FREEDOM

Today the kids and I were out and about running errands, and drove by the waterfall at Centerpoint. We thought it would be fun to hop out and explore a bit, and, being the shutterbug that I am, had my camera in the car for just such an occassion.
photo by Gracie...she's got the photography bug I tell ya!and Cole didn't do too shabby himself...Afterwards we ran a few errands to both the boy AND girl scout offices to pick up one patch for Cole, and Gracie's Daisy Scout uniform and patches. Thank goodness we have Grammy who loves to sew patches on. I don't have the patience! We also stopped by a playground at a new park so the kids could run off some pent-up energy. It was COLD! How did we go from summer to winter? Lets just say the visit didn't last long because Mom was freezing! Hmmm...maybe a few trips across the monkey bars would have done me good.
Yeah, right.
Tomorrow Cole and Paco will be heading out bright and early for Trailblazer Days at Diamond Lake for Cub Scouts. I think they are equally excited! Meanwhile, Gracie and I will be celebrating our boy-freedom by shopping for new shoes, drinking coffee, painting pottery and going out to lunch with friends. Yes, it may not be as fun as shooting a BB gun, tying knots and learning a bow and arrow, but we will try to make the best of it.
Cause we're sweet like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment