Monday, April 6, 2009

IN WHICH THE FLU IS BACK

Yep, you read that right...the stomach flu is back in the Sutton home with a vengeance. This time Cole woke up with it at 3am, which, ironically is exactly the same time Gracie woke up with it last Wednesday. Hence, we are dubbing it the "3am flu". Clever, aren't we? My poor guy has been camped on the couch all morning, which is SO not him. He looks all worn out and totally not like my energetic guy. Just look....


On to less disgusting things. Yesterday was a fantastic day! It was gorgeous outside and, dare I say, WARM! I spent the day cleaning out flowerbeds, raking and so on. The kids had half the neighborhood over (ok, well it seemed that way) and they had fun with sidewalk chalk, playing in the fort and having snacks. Last night we celebrated the last day of Spring break by getting ice cream at DQ. Little did we know that Cole had one more day of Spring break tucked in his sleeve...haha!

Did I mention that Gracie gave rock wall climbing a try last weekend? She did ok but decided halfway up that it just wasn't for her. Check it out...

Where's Cole's rock wall picture, you ask? Anyone who knows him is well aware that this kid is not really a risk taker! Nope, his feet were firmly planted safely on the ground. Honestly, after all the stories I hear about the things his Daddy did as a kid, I have no problem with Cole playing it safe!

Oh, and here's a photo of Cole, Gracie and their cousin Sydney...aren't they a cute trio? We miss her already...

and another cute one of Cole and Sydney enjoying a cold treat...

Well, back to my motherly duties of pillow fluffing, temperature taking, barf-bowl holding, laundry doing, straw holding, and sick-kid cuddling! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear tha Cole is sick! that weird flu is going around alot of people..I hope he gets better soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have the 3am flu as well. poor Austin! I know exactly how you feel!

    ReplyDelete