Sunday, April 12, 2009

EASTER MORNING


As I sit here Easter morning, sipping coffee and stewing about having to go in to work today (yep, still whining about that!), I reflect on the true meaning of the day. Jesus died on the cross for ME!! How often I take that for granted....I don't have to carry the guilt of my sins, all I have to do is ask forgiveness for them and live my life the way HE wants. That's ALL! In return, I get eternal life. Not a bad return on my investment!

What a powerful thought.

Paco and the kids are going to church with some friends this morning, at a huge church in Post Falls, just a short drive away. We have been "shopping" around for a new church and haven't quite found what we're looking for. Maybe today will be the day. I'm feeling sad because I wont be with them, and I won't get to see Gracie in her Easter dress and Cole looking all handsome-ish! However, whining about it won't get me anywhere, and with inventory tomorrow morning, the work HAS to get done. I'm at the 11th hour. I will bring the paperwork end of it home with me this afternoon so I can at least be with my family.

Oh, look what the kids found this morning? Looks like the Easter Bunny stopped by!

I've just put a ham in the slowcooker, basted in orange juice and brown sugar. Along with that we will have parmesan asparagus and scalloped potatoes. Should be yummy!

Happy Easter to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment